Thursday, June 14, 2007

concord, massachusetts

Back in the States, after a harrowing nearly-stuck-in-JFK experience. (Suffice it to say that I was so relieved to get on the flight that eventually took me out of New York that I bought the customer service desk a bag of chocolates.) Now I'm in Concord, Massachusetts with Cedric, running errands and being jetlagged, mostly. Also eating a lot of Chinese food. Tomorrow I head to Wesleyan for the Wesleyan Writers Conference, on the director's staff. I am unclear as to what I will actually be doing, but I get to attend much of the conference itself for free. (Tradeoff: no pay.)

I have hundreds of pictures from Greece and Turkey, which I will begin posting, slowly. I will probably not post very many, though, since I expect to see all of you who a) read this blog and b) actually know me at some point this summer, and I will probably inflict my photos upon you then. I just have so many. So, so many. I also have a couple of videos -- they exist primarily to record the call to prayer in Istanbul the last night we were there. It sounds otherworldly, plus you get a shaky view of the Blue Mosque. Anyway, the teaser photos will show up sometime this week, I hope, when I get a chance. My computer is having issues with wireless here at Cedric's house, so I'm hoping once I get to Wesleyan it will be more reliable.

No comments: